I want to use the Front Page extensions. How to do it?
You can use them only by building your website using Front Page.
Note: FrontPage. Use only Front Page Explorer to upload your website. Using an FTP client to transfer files can damage the FrontPage extensions.Publishing your website with Front Page.
After you have built your web pages on your hard disk, you can upload them to our server. Once this is done, your pages will be viewable from the web. However, you must do this in the following manner.
1. Launch FrontPage Explorer and open the web site you have created on your computer.
2. From the menu at the top select “File” > “Publish”
3. If this is the first time you publish to our server, select “More Webs” and enter the location you want to publish your FrontPage web site to. (http://www.yourdomain.com
) Then hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
If you are just making changes to an existing web site, your 'Destination Web Server' (http://www.yourdomain.com
) will appear in the Publish window.
IMPORTANT: Use “http://www.yourdomain.com” as the Destination Web Server to publish to our server. Leave the 'Destination Web Name' blank.
4. Use the following username and password:
Username: your account username
Password: your FTP passwordHow come ONLY my index page is not loading when I publish my site?
Right click index.html (in FrontPage), select 'Properties' -> select Workgroup. Chances are that you have checked off 'Exclude this file when publishing the rest of the web.' - check it.How do I BACKUP my website using FrontPage ?
Open your web in FrontPage. Next, in your folder list:
1. Click on the little (minus) sign so that it changes to a plus and pulls all of your files into the one directory named: http://yourdomain.com/
It should also be highlighted now.
2. Go to 'File'
Choose 'Publish Web'
Now, select your desktop. We suggest you create a folder on your desktop called 'BackUp'.
3. Now, select the backup folder, and click 'Open'
4. Lastly, Click 'Publish'
It may ask you some questions, but that is all you have to do. It will copy/publish your entire site to that folder of your choice.