July 23, 2017, 02:35:44 AM
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Pages intermittently unreachable  (Read 318 times)
rrroberts
Noobie

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2017, 05:47:23 AM »

For the past week or so, web pages at rrroberts.50webs.com were unreachable for unknown periods day or night, no noticeable pattern as to time/day; was redirected to rrroberts.50webs.com/login/ (on a desktop PC the 50webs login screen was displayed, on a tablet Hespia login screen displayed).  Then a few hours later, the web pages were available.  At first I thought may have been upgrade and/or backup related, but the day/time unavailable seems to be random.

Also, it seems some of the other <subdomain>.50webs.com sites (but not all; dug through Google for other <subdomain>.50webs.com sites) are affected as well.

Have I in some way violated TOS?  I received no notices, keep my contact info current, and update my pages semi-regularly.

This is the first time in 7 years I have had any problem with 50webs - I recommend 50webs to others, and promote it on my web pages via a link to 50webs using your image 50webs-logo.png (it is a direct link, not stored in my file space - is that causing a problem for you folks?).  That should indicate I am pleased with 50webs.

Thank you for your time.
rrroberts
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 08:40:20 PM »

Could "Hotlinking Off" in the Files Screen have anything to do with this?

Or is this meant to encourage us to migrate to paid hosting?

This is getting frustrating, I am careful not to abuse free hosting.
rrroberts
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 02:03:30 AM »

Web pages are still sometimes available, sometimes not.
When not available, the link http://rrroberts.50webs.com/cobindex.htm
yields http://rrroberts.50webs.com/login/
(50webs control panel login)

rrroberts
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 03:18:05 AM »

As of the past few days, site has been up when checked.
  Print  

Jump to: