50Webs Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 03, 2020, 05:42:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
73362 Posts in 13773 Topics by 14749 Members
Latest Member: Gistpower
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  50Webs Forum
|-+  General Forum
| |-+  Computer Talks
| | |-+  Windows Defender VS Avast: Which One Is Better?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Windows Defender VS Avast: Which One Is Better?  (Read 126 times)
TerryHiggins
Noobie

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2020, 04:49:39 AM »

Windows Defender is a free program with no paid-for upgrades, while Avast provides a complete set of antivirus products that include a limited freemium option.

I just saw one comparison between them here https://www.reviewsed.com/windows-defender-vs-avast/

I am a bit confuse now as Avast is more compact but windows is better in terms of free package. right?
AdrianG001
Members

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2020, 05:46:15 PM »

Avast is a privacy risk and doesnt have a good detection ratio at all, Norton has very good protection against malware, but is quite resource hungry and will slow down your computer if its a laptop or a low end desktop, Windows defender, altough seemingly having recieved the best av award, is not true, and cant protect you against all kinds of malware, I would go with Norton in this regard.
TerranceM
Members

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:52:52 PM »

You can also check NPAV. Runs scheduled scan every day and it can be customized as well.
drugcleartest
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 12:11:56 PM »

That is on the grounds that your mouth is away from drugs right now. Be that as it may, the new cluster of filthy medication filled spit is beginning to trickle in your mouth and in about thirty minutes the entire of your gums will be secured with test-positive salivation.

Homepage
mariah1902
Noobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:47:47 AM »

I am using avast for a long time and it is very light and does not put me in any difficult situation. Avast is compatible with any software. Macfee on the other hand causes problems with different software. So in that case as windows defender is not that safe as it cannot protect you from all kind of viruses so you can use Avast.
mariah1902
Noobie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 05:54:58 AM »

Avast is a privacy risk and doesnt have a good detection ratio at all, Norton has very good protection against malware, but is quite resource hungry and will slow down your computer if its a laptop or a low end desktop, Windows defender, altough seemingly having recieved the best av award, is not true, and cant protect you against all kinds of malware, I would go with Norton in this regard.

Are you sure?, cause I am using Avast for a very long time and this is the first time that I am seeing that avast has privacy issue. What kind of privacy issue are you talking about?, do they have access to our hard drive?. How is it even possible?. Please let me know as if your are right then I will not use avast anymore.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: