50Webs Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 13, 2020, 03:25:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
80233 Posts in 16886 Topics by 19862 Members
Latest Member: agoodsblog
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  50Webs Forum
|-+  General Forum
| |-+  Applications - Software reviews and opinions
| | |-+  How to start a career in Fintech?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to start a career in Fintech?  (Read 551 times)
Jermini123
Noobie

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2020, 04:08:04 PM »

Hello
I'm very interested in the fintech industry and would like to start a career in this sector from the ground up.
I've been day trading for about a year and have a soft spot for fintech companies. This affection has grown throughout the year to the point that now I would like restructure my life and career choices towards the fintech industry. A bit about me, I'm an independent learner for the most part, I've self taught myself languages, trading and other talents. Currently hold no post secondary education. I've been checking out some online courses offered for fintech, I've seen the oxford program and some on EDX.org. I'm confident in my ability to discipline my self and study just about anything. Would this community recommend university degree or college degree or certificate programs or potentially a combination of a few of these avenues? How would you start a career in fintech if you had to do it from the ground up starting today?
Travel321
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 09:43:00 PM »

A lot of FinTech jobs revolve around better use of data for innovative solutions in terms of investing, trading, managing, money, and financial assets. That's on the tech side. There is a whole world of opportunities on the business side as well in terms of analysis, process optimization, change management, project management, etc. In this case, suggest you read this blog about fintech wearables
Juliia
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 11:35:57 AM »

Hmm, this is very interesting industry. For example in IT outsourcing companies such people are also needed. You will be able to work there with blockchain technology or others.
AdrianG001
Members

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 01:49:57 PM »

Fintech is a rapidly growing and quickly evolving space. To set themselves up for long-term success, job seekers need to keep track of all the players and stay ahead of emerging trends. Here are some tips on where to start:

Do your research: Learn the ecosystem, sectors, and players. What products are excited about? Dig further into the history of the industry and any company for which you’d like to work. See how the company evolved and what opportunities may lie ahead.

Understand how your skills and strengths align with a prospective company’s needs: Assess your cultural fit. Can you thrive in a startup environment, or do you need to join a more established enterprise in the fintech space, such as a bank? In drafting your resume, be sure to highlight projects, internships, and other experiences that showcase skills that are clearly relevant to the fintech job you are targeting.

Build your fintech network: Fintech events are the best places to start networking. To find potential mentors and leads on job opportunities, try participating in conferences like MIT FinTech Conference, Empire Startups Fintech Conference, Techfest, or a Startup Open House event. You can also build connections with fintech professionals through LinkedIn.

Sharpen your skills: Enroll in an MBA or other master’s program that offers electives or specializations in fintech, data analytics, and/or artificial intelligence. At Smith School of Business, for instance, programs such as the Master of Management Analytics, Master of Management in Artificial Intelligence, and Master of Management Innovation and Entrepreneurship are popular for those looking to pursue fintech careers. Wherever you plan to enroll, make sure the school provides info sessions and networking events that will help you get plugged into the fintech ecosystem.

As with any other industry, there will always be challenges in launching a career in fintech. With much diligence and perseverance, however, pursuing a career in the sector can be very rewarding.
AidanLorenzini
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2020, 11:24:26 AM »

Presently you can get the readied food of your longing and most loved brand at your doorstep. This one is profoundly sensible through the most recent innovations. And to solve mu writing issue i can get help form edugeeksclub. I am the greatest fanatic of this application as it has made our lives simpler.
PolDog
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 07:31:24 AM »

thank. I'll take this note
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: