March 27, 2017, 10:37:43 AM
  Print  
Author Topic: Totally FREE plan : Domain Names  (Read 12613 times)
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2005, 12:06:08 PM »

Why do I need a domain name?
All Domain Names are unique. Your domain name is your identity on the World Wide Web. For businesses and organizations, a domain name can help brand your products and services. For individuals and clubs, a domain can identify your affiliations, relationships, or can just be your online personality.

How to add my own domain ?

In order to add your domain name you must set it to use our Name Servers first. They must be set as follows:

DNS1: dns1.50webs.com.
      DNS2: dns2.50webs.com.

The DNS update usually takes up to 24 hours after your request.Then you just type your domain name in your acount settings.

Can I host my domain name with you and how to set it up?
Yes, you can host your domain name. The setup process is as follows:

1. must set these Name Servers for your domain:
      Primary DNS Server: dns1.50webs.com IP [ 64.72.112.10 ]
      Secondary DNS Server: dns2.50webs.com IP [ 64.72.112.11 ]
      2. Add the domain name in the "Add a Domain Name" section of your members area.

When I add my domain, why can't I see it in "Edit Your Domains"? When trying to add it again, I receive the error 'This domain already exists'
       Wait up to 1 hour and your domain will be active and fully-added to 50Webs Free Hosting, then you can see it in the "List Web Sites" tab.

XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 02:38:35 AM »

When I login into 50Webs Control Panel and click on list all my domains, the domain is listed but it says, not active. I do not understand this.

Your domain will be active 1h after your request.

Print  

Jump to: