April 30, 2017, 10:48:00 AM
  Print  
Author Topic: Totally FREE plan : SubDomains  (Read 9474 times)
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2005, 12:23:31 PM »

How to set up a working subdomain?
Go to the Subdomains section of the Control Panel.
Here's what you will have to fill in the form:
Subdomain: Choose a name and write it in the prefix field. Then chose the domain using the drop-down menu. You will be able to choose between the domain of the server that your account is on and your own hosted domains.

How to manage my subdomain?
In the  List Web Site(s) (Virtual Hosts) section of the Control Panel you can see a list of all subdomains (incl. the domains), which are currently in you web directory.
Delete: This command only deletes the subdomain, but not the directory. The directory itself can be deleted separately by FTP or using the FileManager.

What is my limit of subdomains that I can create?

You can create unlimited subdomains, once you set up your account within our host servers.

How do I create a website using 50webs.com?
We do not provide online website builder yet. We recommend that you use Macromedia Dreamwaver located at http://www.macromedia.com. You can download it from there. It is 100% virtual and you can create your web pages very easily.

XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 07:49:20 AM »

I have uploaded my files to the account "www.tutorials.50webs.com" and nothing comes.
Just leave www. string in the URL. The vhost is tutorials.50webs.com.

I have changed the homepage to Index.html and tried to go to that page and it comes up with ERROR 404 - page not found
Rename Index.html to index.html. Then resolve the vhost again.

Print  

Jump to: