September 24, 2017, 09:08:54 PM
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention Mr Stupid Spammer Dudes!  (Read 58627 times)
sawanbanna
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »

Quote from: "XYLEM"
Nice to inform the people using our forum community, that all members accounts (about 400) of the spammer using our Totally FREE plan and our forum are now blocked.

The big problem for the spammer is to stop making money after the hard work,
now this is done on 50Webs.

Thanks spammer for the good google traffic that you provide to our 404 error page.
umh, spammers are not always bad then  :roll:  because the bring lot of traffic to 50webs  :lol:  but 50webs admin teams are good enough to block them, otherwise, we are dead.. :roll:

Best Regards,
sawanbanna
50Webs Support Volunteer

-="DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND, THERE IS A FAULT IN REALITY"=-
antimatter
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 12:56:40 AM »

LOL! Thats soo funny!
Quote from: "XYLEM"

Thanks spammer for the good google traffic that you provide to our 404 error page.

Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire

wide_load
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »

LOL

freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 12:57:58 AM »

For all those who can remove spam: When topics are locked and the users post are edited there website link still remains in the profile link. I have removed these (recent ones have delteed post then reposted under spamcontrol account so edited/ban message remains for spammers to read.) In future u shud all do this to remove their link. Just repost under ur own or spamcontrl account rather than edit their post.

Dont u all think?

Jonathan | 50Webs Support Volunteer
sawanbanna
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 02:40:53 AM »

Quote from: "monkey56657"
For all those who can remove spam: When topics are locked and the users post are edited there website link still remains in the profile link. I have removed these (recent ones have delteed post then reposted under spamcontrol account so edited/ban message remains for spammers to read.) In future u shud all do this to remove their link. Just repost under ur own or spamcontrl account rather than edit their post.

Dont u all think?

I talk to site admin earlier today about this because he banned all spammers but didn't modify the user profiles, that's why we still see the websites under user profiles, and he did delete more than 500 spammer account...

but for us, we are only moderators, we cann't access to modify the other user profiles, so I have no idea, in the past I just deleted the post in the rest of topics, but I don't do that any more, only edit... :roll:

Best Regards,
sawanbanna
50Webs Support Volunteer

-="DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND, THERE IS A FAULT IN REALITY"=-
freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 03:23:53 AM »

If someone has replied then delete the spam post but reply to say it was removed. If no one has replied then remove the whole topic.

:?:

XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 10:09:52 AM »

Quote from: "monkey56657"
If someone has replied then delete the spam post but reply to say it was removed. If no one has replied then remove the whole topic.

:?:

Yes this technique is the first tested in our forum and now I mean that it doesn't work and looks ugly, let's try to delete the spam topics immediately. I need only the abuser username sent via forum PM system from topic editor.
I removed all LOCKED spammer topics.

Thanks to the moderators that work to keep clean our community.

freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 02:03:12 PM »

yep.

wide_load
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 09:22:28 PM »

yeh thanks guys,   your doing a great job,  without you the forum would fall appart from all the spammness Smiley

mkostka
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2006, 10:59:35 PM »

I think the spam posts should be DELETED upon posted!

Don't clutter the forums with "LOCKED" topics and other bullsh*it from the mods saying "spam: removed". If the admins can't handle deleting the spam because theres so much of it, accept more HELP from the active members on the board. There are great supporters on 50Webs that wouldn't mind giving something back to the service, this could be a way to do it. Prove me wrong if you'd like, but I think this idea is the best solution!
antimatter
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 03:58:47 AM »

Quote from: "mkostka"
There are supporters on 50Webs that wouldn't mind giving something back to the service

I wouldnt mind being a mod  :wink: And I am in a different timezone compared to most people on this forum... (i think)

At present sawan, xylem, gideon, monkey all have about the same timezone........ So, if someone posts spam from different timezone, then the spam sits there for a while..

Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire

mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »

I suggest site admin MUST take prior action first when you found the new member registered name as virtuals3x, fxckme, s3xygirl, ....etc immediately delete their account and dont wait until they post any topic here. Look at the user name we already know that the member is spam/not a loyal member...

freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2006, 02:15:41 PM »

They usual post the spam immediately after creating there account tho. Perhaps accounts must be activated after confirmation form an admin or a mod  :?:

mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2006, 02:23:00 PM »

yup... but some of them not. They will post message at some time.
I see this case happen many time before.

freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2006, 02:25:04 PM »

okay. I havnt seen much spam lately so perhaps its going down. Or i just not see.

Print  

Jump to: