50Webs Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 30, 2020, 09:22:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
87722 Posts in 20699 Topics by 25747 Members
Latest Member: JermaineKoch
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  50Webs Forum
|-+  General Forum
| |-+  Funny | Jokes | Short Stories Forum
| | |-+  Covid: Merthyr Tydfil mass testing begins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Covid: Merthyr Tydfil mass testing begins  (Read 34 times)
nana9889
Members

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2020, 07:59:25 AM »

Covid: Merthyr Tydfil mass testing begins

Hundreds of people queued as mass testing began in Merthyr Tydfil, set up to try and curb the spread of Covid.

Up to 60,000 people could be tested in total, with those without symptoms urged to take a test.

It prompted concerns some could be left hard up if told to self-isolate weeks before Christmas.

Shirley Jones, 82 whose partner died just 24 hours earlier while awaiting cancer treatment delayed due to the pandemic, was the first
to be tested.

She said: "I could've stayed in this morning and not come because I was grieving, but I knew I had to do the right thing in coming up
here for myself for our community.

"And I pray to God that everybody comes up and has a test like I have."

Ms Jones said her partner, Desmond Rogers, 83, who died at the town's Prince Charles Hospital, had bowel cancer which spread to
his stomach and throat.

"I couldn't say goodbye to him," she told the PA news agency.

Anyone living or working in the county can now get a test, in a bid to curb the spread of the virus and queues have formed at
the town's testing centre.

On Saturday Merthyr council also revealed the full list of testing sites and their opening times.

Merthyr council has created a regional helpline for those who test positive or were contacted by tracers and told to self-isolate.

The Welsh Government has set up a payment scheme for those on low wages.

Council leader Kevin O'Neill confirmed about 60,000 people could be tested.

"We want that response today of people coming along who are not symptomatic," he said.

"We can seek out the disease where we don't know where it is, where people haven't got the symptoms," he told BBC Radio Wales.

"This is all about getting something in place that will work for the rest of the country."

Quickly read more news here. : โปรโมชั่น SLOTXO
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: