July 24, 2017, 12:45:40 AM
  Print  
Author Topic: Average Website Header/banner size  (Read 17942 times)
Marvin Gabriel
Members

View Profile WWW
« on: July 25, 2006, 03:53:08 AM »

i just want to know what is the average size of a header/banner that should be used at the top of a website.thanks

antimatter
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 05:09:58 AM »

750x50

Organisation européenne pour la recherche nucléaire

zerodash
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:23:46 AM »

yup...i agree wif gbh..

mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 07:27:01 AM »

Maximum is 780 x 50
Minimum as gbh suggest.

Which site need the banner? fhwc? or the new site?

trostemd
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2006, 07:40:53 AM »

Actually it really depends on your site layout. I've had some sites where the banner is 770x200. Some sites looks good with a large image in it.
mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 10:28:03 AM »

thats why i'm asking Marvin which site need the banner...

Marvin Gabriel
Members

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 03:04:09 PM »

thanks for your reply guys,

well, i actually making banner templates for others to download/save from my new website which is http://gmarvz.50webs.com and which is also my web design website.  the banner of my new website is 800x106 which is a flash banner and probably suits my website's layout.

- by now, i am using 800x106 for the banner templates for the visitors to download(same size as my flash banner)..maybe they should be the one to resize it to their desired size..am i right?

mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2006, 03:54:18 PM »

if you are just offer the banner without full page templates
 for download, then will be difficult for them to use the downloaded banner for their site (it doesnt match their page templates). (e.g: size banner is 800*100, but templates they use is 1024 x 749)

If you create and offer the same size of banner with templates, then it is safe. Because all template is using the same size. (e.g. size banner is 800 * 100, and page template is 800 x 600.)

Note: if you are using flash to create banner, probably after DIRECT resizing the banner will not look perfectly if they do not have the banner source file (FLA).

thanks for your reply guys,

well, i actually making banner templates for others to download/save from my new website which is http://gmarvz.50webs.com and which is also my web design website. the banner of my new website is 800x106 which is a flash banner and probably suits my website's layout.

- by now, i am using 800x106 for the banner templates for the visitors to download(same size as my flash banner)..maybe they should be the one to resize it to their desired size..am i right?

of course, it is suit your page. both are the same size 800.

Yes if the page layout is exactly the same size with the banner. But not everyone is using 800 for width. They can resize it, but the banner may not look exactly perfect.

By the way, what program are u using to create the banner? Photoshop? or flash? If using photoshop, please offer the source file (psd) for download. If using flash, provide flash file (FLA) for download. These can easily for resizing and make a perfect quality banner.

Marvin Gabriel
Members

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »

thanks mportal,

i am using photoshop to make banners. i'll take your suggestion.i will save both .jpg and .psd file and zip it for them to download.

- another thing.maybe they can download one of my template and one of my banner and just mix it up..well that is just an option for them.

so now, the file they will download is a zip file containing .jpg and .psd.

thanks again

mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »

yep, that is what i think

do options for them to download is a better choice.
good luck to you
 :-D

Marvin Gabriel
Members

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2006, 04:38:50 PM »

thanks again and again.lol

mportal
50Webs moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2006, 04:45:35 PM »

Oh, it is enough thanks....

i can only receive once.
 :-D

sawanbanna
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2006, 09:02:34 PM »

the top logo really doesn't matter if you have your site as auto-resize base on the screen resolutions of visitors, but if you make the template as fix on size then the wide/long will depending on the layout, but th high size will be depending on your logo high and your design, it'cann't be default by any size.

nice desing by the way.

you should check your navigation menu, under " Web Designs" on "Banners" the image don't show up on mouse-over background.

Best Regards,
sawanbanna
50Webs Support Volunteer

-="DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND, THERE IS A FAULT IN REALITY"=-
Marvin Gabriel
Members

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 10:29:10 PM »

how can i make it autoresizing?

the mouseover on "banners" works for me..maybe you didn't put your mouse cursor directly on the word "banners"

thanks for helping me guys..i really appreciate it..good thing i transferred here at 50webs.lol

sawanbanna
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 11:57:44 PM »

please check the other post topic I posted there...

Best Regards,
sawanbanna
50Webs Support Volunteer

-="DO NOT ADJUST YOUR MIND, THERE IS A FAULT IN REALITY"=-
  Print  

Jump to: