50Webs Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 14, 2021, 01:00:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
102875 Posts in 27126 Topics by 34010 Members
Latest Member: beefreehonee
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  50Webs Forum
|-+  General Forum
| |-+  Computer Talks
| | |-+  My computer is running slow, what steps can I do to fix it?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My computer is running slow, what steps can I do to fix it?  (Read 30 times)
lucasnoah
Noobie

View Profile
« on: April 08, 2021, 12:06:40 AM »

There aren't many more frustrating things than a slow computer. Spending minutes at a time waiting for your laptop or all-in-one to load up a simple web page or Microsoft Office program can make even a sane person want to throw their PC in the bin. But don't... there are simple steps you can take to make your computer fast again. Malware removal and a couple of tweaks to your settings are a good place to start. Here are some must-do activities to keep your PC in tip-top condition. You can follow the Laptops Guide to solve these problem

Keep software up to date
Make sure all your software is up to date. This includes web browsers, applications, drivers for devices such as printers and, most importantly, Windows itself, as Microsoft issues regular updates to plug security holes or fix glitches in the operating system.

Free up some disk space
A laptop with no room to breath is unlikely to be performing at its best. Whether it's demands from Windows for more space to update or a steady accumulation of apps and files, even the largest hard drives can fill up pretty quickly if left unattended. Read our detailed guide on how to free up disk space if you suspect this is a problem.

Get rid of unwanted programs
Speed increases don't end with startup times. You'll want to make sure that your computer is running fast when you're using it, too. Free up storage space and memory by uninstalling programs that you donít use. These may include trial versions of software that came with the computer when you bought it, out-of-date antivirus programs, old software or games that you no longer play.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: