June 25, 2017, 10:16:59 AM
  Print  
Author Topic: TLD .ME.UK available! .DE and .EU - coming shortly!  (Read 4880 times)
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:12:46 AM »

TLD .ME.UK available! .DE and .EU - coming shortly!

We would like to bring to your attention the release of the new TLD .ME.UK that has already been made available for registration through the Control Panel of the paid accounts. The conditions set for the managing of the .ME.UK  top-level domain are the same as for the rest of the .UK TLDs that we offer for registration and, as can be expected, they include:

*   Registration period of 2 years
    * Renewals available for further 2 years
    * Review of renewal requests - only within 5 months of the expiration date, not earlier or after
    * WHOIS information field - not available for modification directly from the Control Panel - the UK registry, NOMINET, is to be contacted by the domain name owner in such occasions and certain fees are to be paid to NOMINET (that is, because such changes are considered as 'formal transfers')

.DE
The TLD for Germany - probably the country's best-selling TLD lately. The registry of this domain, DENIC, however, has set a specific requirement concerning the registrant's information presented at the time of registration. According to that requirement, it is necessary, when entering the administrative contact information, a street address or P.O. Box within Germany to be given in order to gain approval of the registration. No WHOIS /ID Protection service is available for .DE domain names and the duration of the registration is optional to choose from a period of 1 to 10 years.

.EU
The .EU TLD is the commonly recognized TLD for the European Union and, thus, can be registered by any person or organization established within the European Community. Registration of .EU domain names is available for a minimum of 2 years, after that renewals are possible for periods of either 1 or 2 years. As is typical for most of the ccTLDs (country code domain names), WHOIS / ID Protection is not supported.

FROM

Print  

Jump to: