March 25, 2017, 11:30:58 PM
  Print  
Author Topic: We.bs FREE domain name registration & 50Webs upgrade  (Read 25688 times)
lonce
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 05:16:34 PM »

Hi Admin,

I'm trying to add my Domain (latazza.we.bs) to new server, then I change the
A record in my Control Panel, from 50webs.com IP (66.40.56.10) to my new server IP (66.7.200.3), but everytime I push the apply button, it says DNS invalid.
I don't know what's wrong with it, could you help me?
Cheers'
freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 05:48:18 PM »

Looks like some bug to me. Based on what you've told me it should work.

Wait for admin to look at your account.

Regards, Jonathan.

Jonathan | 50Webs Support Volunteer
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 09:54:44 PM »

Edit A Record for domain name LATAZZA.WE.BS : A Record has been changed successfully to 66.7.200.3!
Go back to Edit Your Domains or Add / Manage a Web Sites.

Sorry, I can't see such problem.

Regards
Gazurkoff

lonce
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2008, 05:41:27 PM »

Dear Admin,

Thank you Gazurkoff and Jonathan, much appreciated.
My Domain IP address is working now.l
Hope to see the website running soon.
Good work guys.

Cheers'

:-D
The Shaker
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »

Hi Admin

I have a domain name with yourselves and I want to point the DNS A to another server (IP address 146.101.249.107). I have followed the instructions mentioned earlier in the thread but when I go to Edit Domains Page and then into the DNS link I get the following

Domain: hopepropertiesinspain.com

DNS1:  dns1.50webs.com
DNS2:  dns2.50webs.com

There is no section where I can enter the A record or the MX record, I have tried entering them in the DNS1 section but these are just the nameservers aren't they? Please can you help?          

Thanks
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 11:46:40 AM »

Quote from: "The Shaker"
Hi Admin

I have a domain name with yourselves and I want to point the DNS A to another server (IP address 146.101.249.107). I have followed the instructions mentioned earlier in the thread but when I go to Edit Domains Page and then into the DNS link I get the following

Domain: hopepropertiesinspain.com

DNS1:  dns1.50webs.com
DNS2:  dns2.50webs.com

There is no section where I can enter the A record or the MX record, I have tried entering them in the DNS1 section but these are just the nameservers aren't they? Please can you help?          

Thanks

You can't change A and MX records separately using our Totally FREE hosting plan, but you can change directly the NS via the Edit Your Domains section.

Custom records as features is available for our paid hosting system.

Regards
Gazurkoff

The Shaker
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 11:57:56 AM »

Thanks for your help. So if I upgrade my hosting to the Starter Package at 3 per month I will then be able to change these records. Is it a simple process - upgrading from a FREE account to a PAID account?

As I don't want the hosting services which you provide, only the domain name , is there a way that I can upgrade the service for my domain name only (which would give me the DNS A features). Sorry for all of the questions
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 12:12:09 PM »

Thanks for your help. So if I upgrade my hosting to the Starter Package at 3 per month I will then be able to change these records. Is it a simple process - upgrading from a FREE account to a PAID account?

As I don't want the hosting services which you provide, only the domain name , is there a way that I can upgrade the service for my domain name only (which would give me the DNS A features). Sorry for all of the questions

Yes, under any package of our paid hosting system you can use Custom DNS Records.

The different signup process is required : http://50webs.com/signup.html

As I said, you can't use Custom DNS using the Totally FREE hosting plan.

Regards
Gazurkoff

The Shaker
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »

I have purchased a number of domain names from a number of different providers over the last 12 months so please can you confirm whether I purchased the name www.hopepropertiesinspain.com from yourselves.

If I did, and I wished to renew the name with yourselves for 2 years and not use your hosting services, but still wanted the facility to amend A Records. Whats the best route for me to take on this. Still upgrade to the Starter Host Package??

Thanks
freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »

The domain is purchased here from 50webs. In order to use the A record change the only available option is an upgrade to a paid plan. You could use alternative name servers if you wished.

The Shaker
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »

Thanks for your help. I have now bought the Starter Plan so can therefore change DNS A Records. My domain name (hopepropertiesinspain.com) is still under the FREE plan. How can I transfer this??

Thanks
XYLEM
Administrator
Experienced Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »

Thanks for your help. I have now bought the Starter Plan so can therefore change DNS A Records. My domain name (hopepropertiesinspain.com) is still under the FREE plan. How can I transfer this??

Thanks

Open this request as ticket in the paid hosting Control panel and the paid hosting support team will change the DNS or can directly move the domain name in your Control panel.

Welcome.

Regards
Gazurkoff

DELETED
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2009, 09:48:40 PM »

DELETED
freshwire
Global Moderators
Experienced Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 11:14:06 PM »

For the free hosting plan no database is included. This is available in the paid hosting plans only.

For links simply use this code:

Code:
<a href="newfile.html">Another Page</a>

Where newfile.html is the filename for the link and Another Page is the text to display.

jessans
Noobie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 02:14:04 AM »

i clicked on renew my website to renew my we.bs domain but its asking for me to pay if i want to renew, isn't we.bs suppose to be free ?

pls let me know soon

thanks
  Print  

Jump to: